Two beautiful desserts come together in one festive treat! These brownies are supercharged with all the yummy flavours of Christmas. Serve in small squares with coffee or plate up with custard as dessert.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 10
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit (including peel)
- 1/4 cup glace cherries
- 60ml (1/4 cup) brandy (optional)
- 250g butter, chopped
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure extract
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 3/4 cup gluten free plain flour (I used Orgran brand)
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (or xantham gum)
- 1.5 teaspoons mixed spice
- 3 large eggs
- 20 blanched almonds
- Heat oven to 190C. Grease and line a 20cm square slice tin. Place the dried fruit and cherries into a small bowl with the brandy (if using) and half a cup of boiling water. Set aside to soak.
- Place the butter, chocolate, brown sugar, vanilla and soymilk into a saucepan and stir constantly over medium heat until melted, smooth and glossy. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the the gluten free flour, guar gum and mixed spice into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir well. Fold in the flour mixture, then the dried fruit.
- Pour into prepared tin and smooth the top. Garnish with blanched almonds and bake for 25 minutes until mostly set with a very slight wobble. Allow to cool in the tin until room temperature or chill in the fridge until completely cold. Serve in small squares with coffee or plate up with custard as dessert.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve