The secret to any successful stir fry is to have all the ingredients chopped and ready to go. The cooking time is so short, for this recipe it’s only 8 minutes, that you do not have time for chopping while cooking – unless you are a real whizz with a knife! A little Vitasoy Coconut Milk Unsweetened added at the end adds a light sauce so it’s in between a stir fry and a curry.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 8 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 400g chicken thigh fillet*, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thumb piece of ginger, grated
- 1/2 long red chilli, sliced
- 12 large basil leaves
- 20 green beans, trimmed and sliced into short lengths
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, centre stem removed, leaves finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Vitasoy Coconutmilk Unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Cooked jasmine rice or noodles, to serve
* Chicken breast can be used rather than thigh fillet if you prefer. Or for a vegetarian option: Leave out the chicken and use tofu strips and substitute a (gluten free if required) soy sauce for the fish sauce.
- Heat a wok on high and add coconut oil and onion. Stir fry for 1 minute then add garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for 30 seconds more. Add the chicken strips and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the basil leaves, beans and kaffir lime and stir fry for 2 minutes until the beans are crisp-tender. Pour in the Vitasoy Coconut Milk Unsweetened and fish sauce and stir well. Serve hot with rice or noodles.