Chicken, Basil and Pinenut Burgers
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- ¼ cup Vitasoy Ricemilk Original
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup pinenuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 gluten free hamburger buns, cut in half
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- lettuce leaves
- Place gluten free bread in a shallow bowl and cover with Vitasoy Ricemilk Original. Allow to soak for 5 minutes. Drain away excess Vitasoy Ricemilk Original.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add chicken mince, garlic, basil leaves, beaten egg and season with pepper. Mix together until evenly combined. Shape into eight balls and flatten into a patty.
- Heat non-stick frypan or barbecue to medium-low heat. Place patties onto heat, cook for 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- To construct hamburger, place patty on open half of bun. Top with lettuce and tomato, and optional cheese. Place other half of bun on top and serve.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve