Carrot And Pecan Muffins
- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 12
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 20-25 minutes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup Vitasoy Ricemilk Original
- 2 eggs, lighty beaten
- 2 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pecan nuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (170°C for fan forced) and place patty cases in a 12 hole ½-cup muffin tray.
- In a bowl, add sugar, rice bran oil, sultanas, grated carrot, Vitasoy Ricemilk and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Sift self raising flour, xanthan gum and cinnamon into carrot mixture. Gently stir until combined but do not over mix. Spoon the muffin mixture into the muffin holes.
- Combine topping and sprinkle over muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly in muffin tray and then remove muffins and cool on wire rack.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve