This sweet french toast couldn’t be easier, and is sure to get your day off to a good, quick start! I’ve served it with kiwi fruit but it would go well with just about any fruit variety; banana, blueberries and strawberries also spring to mind as good pairs. Enjoy!
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 2 minutes
- Cooking Time 16 minutes
- 250ml (1 cup) Vitasoy Oatmilk Original
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 slices thick bread, preferably cut from a loaf
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used rice bran)
fresh fruit and maple syrup, to serve
- Whisk together the oatmilk, eggs, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan. Dip one slice of bread into the egg/oatmilk mixture until fully soaked. Drain off the excess and then place into the hot frying pan - this is easiest if you use a flat metal spatula that has vertical slits in it.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side until crisped and golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Repeat with remaining slices of bread. Serve warm with fresh fruit and a little maple syrup.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve