- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 4-6
- 300g potato, peeled and diced into 1cm pieces
- 300g broccoli, stalk and head, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 3 cups gluten free chicken stock
- 1 cup Vitasoy Ricemilk Protein Enriched
- 4 slices pancetta, cut into thin strips
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and spring onion and gently cook for 2-3 minutes. Do not brown. Add chicken stock to the saucepan; turn up heat to high and cover.
- Bring to the boil, remove lid and add potato. Cook for 10 minutes or until potato pieces are softened.
- Add broccoli head and stem pieces to potato and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, heat fry pan over medium heat, and pan-fry pancetta until crispy. Remove soup from heat and cool slightly.
- Use a hand held blender or pour soup into a food processor and puree. Then add Ricemilk and blend through ensuring well mixed.
Serve and garnish with crispy pancetta.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve