Forget bottled salad dressing, it’s so easy to make your own! And quick too! This has a nice complex and creamy taste – and you can make it as thick or thin as you like.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves Makes 1/4 cup
- Prep Time 3 minutes
- Cooking Time None
- 1/2 garlic clove
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon balsamic reduction (or balsamic vinegar)*
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3-4 tablespoons Vitasoy Oatmilk Original
*Balsamic reduction is a condiment made by boiling balsamic vinegar with sugar until it thickens. You can use regular balsamic vinegar but the taste will be slightly more astringent. Add a pinch of soft brown sugar for sweetness, if you like.
- Place the garlic and salt into a mortar and pound with a pestle until a smooth paste.
- Add the balsamic reduction, mustard and mayonnaise and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add the oatmilk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir vigorously to avoid lumps. Use 3 or 4 tablespoons depending on how thick you would like your dressing. Use immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.