This is perfect for picnics, lunchboxes and anyone who needs to eat lunch one-handed (such as mums with young bubs!). Leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 6-8
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular
- 5 eggs
- 6 asparagus spears
- Heat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 20cm square, non-stick slice tin and set aside.
- Fry or grill the bacon until crispy, then drain on a paper towel and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the zucchini, peas, onions, cheese, flour and thyme to the bowl with the bacon and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, milk and eggs. Add to the bacon bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour into the slice tin and smooth the top. Lay the asparagus slices on top and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and set. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm. It can also be served at room temperature or cold.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve