- Serves 10
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 45 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups fine rice flour
- ½ cup soy flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g dairy free spread, melted
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, quartered and cut into 3mm thick slices
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Note: xanthan gum can be purchased in health food stores or in the health food section of major supermarkets.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm springform tin.
- Sift flours, bicarb soda, baking powder, xanthan gum and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite, vanilla extract and melted dairy free spread. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into sifted flours and mix well with a metal spoon until well combined and no lumps. Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Arrange slices of apple in a circular fashion over top of the cake.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake until all used.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until firm to touch and golden brown. Remove from oven, leave to cool on bench for 10 minutes then remove from tin and transfer to wire rack to allow to cool completely.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve