What could be more stress-free in the morning than opening the fridge and tucking straight into breakfast? With a few minutes prep the night before you can have breakfast ready instantly – and it tastes just like apple pie! There’s no better way to start the day.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 1
- Prep Time 7 minutes
- Cooking Time overnight chilling
- 1 small red apple
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon + extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt for dairy free)
- 3/4 cup Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
Can substitute with Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular
- Grate the apple, there’s no need to peel it. Place into a jar or small bowl and add the sugar, spices and vanilla and stir well. Leave for 5 mins for flavours to infuse.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, yoghurt and Vitasoy Soy Milky to the jar. Stir until well combined and the chia seeds start to absorb the liquid and no longer sit dry on the surface
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon to serve if you like.