These scones are a simple, delicious and easy to make. Great for morning tea or a snack!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 12
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 20 minutes
- Scone ingredients:
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 120g vegan margarine, at room temp
- 1 cup Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Optional extras:
- strawberry jam, to serve
- whipped coconut cream, to serve
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius fan-forced and line a tray with baking paper.
In a large bowl, add the flour and icing sugar and stir until combined.
Add the margarine and use your fingers to rub it into the flour until lightly crumbly.
Pour the Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite in and knead until a dough is formed.
Lightly sprinkle a surface with flour and knead the dough for one minute until a smooth dough has formed. Make sure you do not over-work the dough
- Roll the dough into a long sausage and cut into 12 parts/scones. Or, you can use a circular cutter and cut into 12 rounds.
Place the scones on the tray with a little bit of space between each one.
Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with jam and whipped coconut cream. Enjoy!